|By Kevin Nikkhoo||
|June 21, 2013 09:30 AM EDT||
Regulatory compliance remains a critical and strategic business need for most companies. And, the issues are clear. The layers of IT security necessary to address the myriad of audits, reports and processes are typically expensive. The expense is not limited to the technology applications and solutions, but to personnel, consulting, expertise retention, and resources. These requirements tax operational resources, reduce the ability to focus on core competencies or force reassessment on IT asset prioritization.
Cloud security leader CloudAccess and Kevin Nikkhoo present a brand new white paper that explores the strategic advantages of applying integrated (unified and collaborative) cloud security tools to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the complex labyrinth of compliance. The complimentary white paper can be downloaded at http://www.cloudaccess.com/making-compliance-easier.
It also shares specific best practices in terms of associating a broad swath of requirements with tactics that help you maneuver through the evolving IT threat-scape. If your organization is obligated to any of the 300 worldwide compliance agencies.
“As compliance is typically a compulsory bureaucratic construct, being compliant doesn’t necessarily make your network and other IP assets secure. However, being secure, does make one compliant,” Nikkhoo noted.
The best practices contained in the white paper go well beyond the need to collect and review logs (a necessity for most compliance regulations)–it looks at the holistic need to actually create security policies. These include 24/7/365 real-time monitoring that includes intrusion detection and alerting, identity provisioning, enterprise access control, application management and identity credentialing. In that the solutions discussed are maintained and managed in the cloud, the issues of expense, time to market, TCO and scope are mitigated; as is risk.
According to Nikkhoo, the white paper is a strong road map to reducing the burden and creating better visibility across an enterprise.
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- New Release of Quest Toad for Oracle Offers Enhancements to Reduce Risk
- Twelve New Programming Languages: Is Cloud Responsible?
- The Future of Cloud Computing: Industry Predictions for 2012
- Universal Middleware: What's Happening With OSGi and Why You Should Care
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Oracle-Sun: Jonathan Schwartz Writes His Toughest Ever Email
- An Exclusive Interview with Oracle, Cloud Expo 2010 Diamond Sponsor
- Why SOA Is a Good Fit for CRM Solutions